In the pursuit of perfection, the University of Baguio is committed to provide balanced quality education by nurturing academic excellence, relevant social skills, and ethical values in a fun-learning environment.
The University of Baguio educates individuals to be empowered professionals in the global community.
The University of Baguio aims to produce a graduate who:
- exemplifies a higher standard of learning;
- manifests the mastery of relevant skills;
- upholds a conduct that is rightful and just;
- undertakes scientific and significant researches;
- advocates sustainable programs for the community and the environment; and
- leads and demonstrates exemplary performance in the field of specialization.
SCHOOL OF LIBERAL ARTS AND HUMAN SCIENCES (SLAHS)
The University of Baguio (UB) School of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences (SLAHS) nurtures academic excellence and develops graduate outcomes through the adoption of Outcomes-Based Education (OBE) in its program offerings.
The UB-VMO mandates the direction of the SLAHS mission and objectives in collaboration with different stakeholders for the attainment of Program Educational Objectives (PEOs). The PEOs are used for the development of the Program Outcomes (POs). The POs guide the desired course learning objectives and student outcomes through the implementation of outcomes-based teaching and learning (OBTL). PEOs.POs. CLOs.SOSs. And OBTL undergoes assessment and evaluation for the improvement of the programs.
The School of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences can boast of quality performance in the academic arena as manifested by its Level IV Accreditation which is the highest seal of academic excellence granted by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA).
UB’s school of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences (SLAHS) delivers rigorous academic and real-life trainings, developing students beyond their potentials.Students get ahead with their degrees through internships in some of the country’s largest companies in the national and local level.
The students of the school are prowess in academic, performing arts, leadership and other competencies within and outside the University. All these attest to the well rounded development of the students. The school has produced and continues to produce award-winning students:
- Benette Kathleen Alinduza (Finalist, National Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines (2008))
- Gerald Duagan (Ten Outstanding Students of the Cordillera Administrative Region (2009))
- Ivan Jim Layugan (Bagong Rizal: Pag-asang Bayan(2010), National linguistic intelligence (2014), Outstanding Citizen of Benguet (2016))
- Raymond Sakiwat (Ten Outstanding Students of the Cordillera Administrative Region (2013), Aboitiz Future Business Leaders’ Summit)
- Roger Federico (Ten Outstanding Students of the Cordillera Administrative Region (2014))
SCHOOL OF LIBERAL ARTS AND HUMAN SCIENCES
The University of Baguio educates individuals to be empowered professionals in the global community. The School of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences provides its students with total education apt to their chosen career.
SCHOOL OBJECTIVES: The School of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences aims to produce a graduate who:
- demonstrates a pertinent and cooperative competence befitting a wholly developed individual;
- adheres to a higher standard of learning, founded under the tenets of systematic knowledge, analytical thinking, oral and written communication, arts, and leadership;
- generates an epitome of a socially and professionally accepted code of conduct;
- conducts researches favorable to change, progress, or reform;
- nurtures an environment fit for a healthier mind and body; and
- possesses the proper outlook and initiative to pursue related fields of learning.