BORROWING LIBRARY MATERIALS FOR OVERNIGHT USE
- Library materials for overnight use are issued from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Mondays to Fridays and from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. A maximum of three (3) non-identical materials can be borrowed at a time. These must be returned on or before 10 a.m. the following school day or anytime on Saturdays.
- Three (3) CDs can be borrowed except for those classified as reference.
- Fiction and relegation books can be borrowed for up to a week.
- Graduate School students may borrow three (3) books for up to a week. However, only one (1) title at a time is allowed.
- Theses and dissertations are not allowed for overnight use.
For UB Employees:
- UB employees may borrow a maximum of five (5) titles for one week. Renewal is allowed if the books are not in-demand.
- Enrolled faculty/employees in the Graduate School programs of the University are to use their student LBC.
- To facilitate end-of-term clearance, all employees are encouraged to return books on or before the final examination period. Lending of books to faculty resumes one week before the start of the new term. Until then, all library materials are for room use only.
BORROWING LIBRARY MATERIALS FOR PHOTOCOPYING
- Library materials for photocopying can be borrowed for 30 minutes only. A maximum of five (5) materials is allowed to be borrowed at a time.
- Only parts of a book can be photocopied.
- CD burning is strictly prohibited.
- Only thesis/dissertation abstracts can be photocopied.
BORROWING LIBRARY MATERIALS FOR ROOM USE
- All materials borrowed between 7.30 a.m. to 4 p.m. are for library reading only.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
- All borrowed materials are to be returned on or before the due date/time as specified on the due date slip.
- If a material is overdue, the borrower is advised to pay the computed fines at the Cashier’s Office and present the receipt to the library where the material was borrowed.
- Borrowers are responsible for protecting any library material in their possession against damage. Hence, borrowers should inspect the issued library materials before leaving the circulation counter.
- Students and other library users with unpaid fines and unreturned books shall be temporarily suspended from borrowing until all items/fines are paid/returned.