The BS Information Technology program includes the study of the utilization of both hardware and software technologies involving planning, installing, customizing, operating, managing and administering, and maintaining information technology infrastructure that provides computing solutions to address the needs of an organization.
The program prepares graduates to address various user needs involving the selection, development, application, integration and management of computing technologies within an organization.
The BSIT program aims to produce a graduate who can:
- apply knowledge of computing, science, and mathematics appropriate to the discipline;
- understand best practices and standards and their applications;
- analyze complex problems, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution;
- identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems;
- design, implement, and evaluate computer-based systems, processes, components, or programs to meet desired needs and requirements under various constraints;
- integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment effectively;
- apply knowledge through the use of current techniques, skills, toolsand practices necessary for the IT profession;
- function effectively as a member or leader of a development team recognizing the different roles within a team to accomplish a common goal;
- assist in the creation of an effective IT project plan;
- communicate effectively with the computing community and with society at large about complex computing activities through logical writing, presentations, and clear instructions;
- analyze the local and global impact of computing information technology on individuals, organizations, and society;
- understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities in the utilization of information technology;
- recognize the need for and engage in planning self-learning and improving performance as a foundation for continuing professional development.