This section covers the appointment, qualifications, duties and responsibilities of student assistant’s as laboratory custodians.
The student assistants are appointed by the Human Resources Department through a screening process.
The student assistant is:
- a bonafide student of the University of Baguio.
- a computer literate with a very good background in compute hardware.
Duties & Responsibilities :.
- Must always be on time for their duty.
- Must keep the laboratory clean. Cleaning materials should be properly kept.
- Must inform their superiors about items needed inside the laboratory such as ribbons and cleaning materials. Cleaning rugs should be surrendered when being replaced.
- Must know the proper operation of all the existing equipment (computers, printer, tv and electric fans) within their duty. Including software installed in the computer.
- Must know the total number of working units before, during and after their duty and report immediately any equipment that is not functioning. Also, the Status Report should be accomplished for proper documentation. (MIS – 001).
- Must observe proper documentation on all accounted equipment that is being transferred, repaired, borrowed, lost, damaged or vandalized. Lost, damaged or vandalized equipments are accountable to persons in charge unless properly documented.
- Must log every student that is on overtime status. Overtimes are only allowed during free hours of the laboratory.
- Should observe proper placement of computer peripherals before and after every class period. This includes the boot up and shut down of computer units.
- Should not play games inside the laboratory during class hours and should report the websites being accessed for games.
- Should not open or repair computer units.
- Should observe the class during the entire period and not unnecessary activities. SAs should help in transporting manuals and projectors from offices to their laboratory. SAs should know how to set-up projectors. During this time, teachers should stay inside the laboratory.
- Should assist the students on the proper use of computers, but does not include teaching students on how to do their assignments, seatwork, or any sort of exercises given by the instructors.
- Should implement the proper seating arrangements of the students.