ProfilePublications and ResearchesInterestsMethodologies
Dr. Marilou M. Saong is currently the Subject Head for Chemistry and AMS Physics Cluster. She obtained her BS Chemical Engineering degree from Saint Louis University as a Juan and Irenea Macaraeg Foundation Scholar, Master of Science in Mathematics from the University of the Philippines –Baguio as a CHED-FDP Phase II scholar and PhD in Education major in Chemistry Education from UP Open University as a DOST-SEI scholar. Due to her exemplary performance as a faculty member of UB’s School of Natural Sciences, she was awarded Top performing Award-Teaching Category (2006) and Fernando Rosa Bautista Most Outstanding Teacher Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014). She also received awards in the field of research such as Finalist in the Oral Research Paper Presentation-Professional Category given by the Philippine National Health Research System (2013), 2012 Finalist-Best Mentor in Health Research given by the Cordillera Regional Health Research and Development Consortium, and 3rd Place-Best in Research by the University of Baguio (2014). In 2013, she was awarded The Outstanding PERAA Member –Teaching Level A 2nd Place by the Private Education Retirement Annuity Association.
- Modelling Science Learning through Multilingual Instruction (presented during the Interregional Research Forum, Saint Mary’s University, Nueva Vizcaya on January 24-26, 2014)
- Health and Safety Needs of the University of Baguio Employees and Faculty (delivered during the Public lecture organized by the UB Research and Development Center on August 31, 2013), published in the UB Research Journal, January-June 2013, Vol. XXXVII, no.1, ISSN 0115-2521
- Arsenic, Cadmium and Lead Levels in Breast Milk of Volunteer Mothers in Baguio City Philippines (presented during the 2nd Symposium on Analytical Chemistry for Sustainable development – ACSD2013 and the 4th Federation of African Chemical Societies (FASC) Congress, Marrakech, Morocco on May 7-9, 2013 and delivered during the Public lecture organized by the UB Research and Development Center on January 19, 2013), published in the UB Research Journal, January-June 2013, Vol. XXXVII, no.1, ISSN 0115-2521 and 2014 Review of Strategic and International Studies, Volume 6, Number 3, ISSN 2326-8085
- Use of Bilingualism in College Organic Chemistry (presented through Skype during the International Science, Mathematics and Technology Education Conference in Bangkok, Thailand on January 17-20, 2013.
- Effects of Language in Learning College Organic Chemistry (presented during National Educators’ Conference on Recent Trends and Innovations in Science, Mathematics and Technology, PNU, Manila on October 25-27, 2012 and during the 3rd International Conference on Filipino as Global Language, DLSU, Manila on August 3-5, 2012.
- Students’ Performance in Two Outcomes Assessment Tools in General Physics 1, published in the UB Research Journal, July-December 2007, Vol. XXXI, no.2, ISSN 0115-2521
- University of Baguio Science Teachers’ Perceptions of the Goals in Science Education, published in the UB Research Journal, January-June 2008, Vol. XXXI, no.1, ISSN 0115-2521
- Metal Analyses in Breast Milk Samples by Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry, a Collaborative Research with Dr. Irene Rodriguez and Ms. Riza Magbitang (Presented at the 25th Philippine Chemistry Congress – April 2010)
- Impact of Portfolio Teaching in Correcting Alternative Conceptions in General and Inorganic Chemistry, published in the UB Research Journal, January-June 2011, Vol. XXXV, no.1, ISSN 0115-2521
- Heavy Metal Pollutants in Fish and Water from Ambuklao Dam, Benguet Province, Philippines, published in the Asia Pacific Journal of Medical Laboratory Science May 2014 issue
- Flavonoid (Naringin) Content of Selected Citrus Fruits Rind, published in the CASNIC 2014 Journal
- The Role of the Laboratory in Attaining the Contemporary Science Education Goals, published in the UB Research Journal
January-June 2010, Vol. XXXIV, no.1, ISSN 0115-2521
- Academic Performance of First Year Nursing Students of the University of Baguio in General and Inorganic Chemistry I and its Correlates, published in the UB Research Journal, January-June 2011, Vol. XXXV, no.1, ISSN 0115-2521