R&DC offers the following assistance to the researchers:
- Access to literature through journals and other data bases.
- An honorarium to faculty researchers commensurate to the scope and nature of the research undertaking.
- Assistance to employees and students in their theses/dissertations through data gathering, instrumentation, editing and statistical services.
- Assistance to external researchers in administering their tools for data gathering.
- Conduct of sustainable seminars and trainings to update the employees and students on research trends and to hone their skills in the different requirements of conducting research, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Free use of computers for encoding and internet surfing. The faculty members and students may print in the office using their own printing materials.
- Free use of the SPSS software for both faculty and student researchers.
- Presentation of researchers’ work in local, national or international conferences and in submitting their work to peer reviewed and indexed journals.
- Free use of the Grammarly software.
- Research grant to employees who are writing their thesis and dissertation.
Research Journals. The University of Baguio publishes two research journals. The general objective of the University of Baguio Research Journal is to publish research findings in the different fields of knowledge particularly those articulated in the Research Agenda. Studies on university policies, procedures and internal operations are published in this journal. The Sukimat is the internationally peer-reviewed journal with an international Editorial Board. It publishes multidisicplinary studies.
The UB Research Journal is published twice a year – January - June and July - December while the Sukimat is published August - December and January - July.
- Faculty researches for publication shall undergo any of the following: a. Review by the URB b. External refereeing through double blind review
- The publication may be from (in order of priority) a. Faculty and employees of the University of Baguio. b. Former employees and retirees c. Alumni d. Other interested contributors
- Authors shall assume full responsibility for conveyed opinions and the accuracy of statements in the articles.
- Maximum number of pages is 15, excluding the references. Other requirements are enumerated in the Editorial Policies.
- The contributor submits both a hard copy and a soft copy.
- The University reserves the right to refuse publication of certain papers taking into consideration ethical and moral issues, among others.
R&DC Website. Abstracts of research papers of faculty members and employees of the University are published in the R&DC website. Each school is featured with a list of ongoing and completed researches.
Likewise, exceptional student researches shall also be posted as recommended by the research/thesis instructors. R&DC website is accessible at www.ubaguio.edu/rdc
Multidisciplinary Student Research Journal (Catalyst). The primary objective of this journal is to provide an avenue for the publication of significant findings of student researches in varied disciplines. Researches published were those that won in a competition and underwent a review process apart from having been defended before a thesis committee.
SEMINAR / TRAINING /WORKSHOP / LECTURE
R&DC conducts in-house sustainable research-related seminars, lectures and workshops to hone and update the personnel and students on the trends and novel endeavors in human, physical, medical and social sciences. Teachers and students from the adopted public high schools are also invited to attend.
Process of Requesting for Seminar/Workshop/Lectures
- The faculty/employee should submit a letter to the R&DC Director duly signed by the Research Anchorperson and Dean/Principal/Head of Office expressing his/her intention to conduct a workshop/seminar/training.
- The topic/subject, date, time and the number of participants must be specified in the letter.
- Upon approval or denial of the request, the faculty or employee will be contacted for confirmation/further deliberation of the requested activity.
- For Non-UB personnel, the same process shall be followed.
Presentation of Researches/Investigatory Projects (within UB)
- Faculty members/employees and students of the University may present results of research studies and investigatory projects to UB administrators, personnel and students.
- Researchers of other colleges/universities and institutions may also conduct a public lecture of their research outputs in UB.
- Interested parties are advised to get in touch with R&DC for further details.