The major initiatives of the R&DC are geared towards the attainment of the following goals of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Quality and Excellence – the provision of undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate researches that meet international standards of quality and excellence.
- Relevance and Responsiveness – dissemination of the results of the researches in the broad range of disciplines relevant and receptive to the needs of the community, region and country.
- Access and Equity – the provision of internal and external grants/fund to qualified researches that need financial aid.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness – the optimization of social, institutional and individual returns from the utilization of research outputs.
Specifically, the R&DC objectives are as follows:
- To develop a continuing and proactive research training program for both the personnel and the students in order to update their proficiency and competence vis-à-vis advancements and innovations in research endeavors apparent in the local, national ad international arena.
- To conduct researches at the departmental, institutional, local, national, or international levels to arrest pressing issues encountered in the milieu, whether in the political, economic, socio-cultural and technological scene
- To produce interdisciplinary research outputs of high caliber to contend with the research trends advocated by private sectors and global academic institutions.
- To publish and present research outputs to the community for information dissemination and further scholastic honing; thus, lead to proper organization and implementation for the holistic development of the community.