From left: Cyril Jhan Tip-ac (Mr. UB 2nd Runner Up); Aisha Barry (Ms. UB 2nd Runner Up); Raven Neil Tacwigan (Mr. UB 1st Runner Up); Rhyza Gayle Litaoen (Ms. UB 1st Runner Up); Ms. UB 2017 Kali Yantrel Martin; Macarenah Anderson, one of the judges; Mr. UB 2017 Fred Florenz Abastillas; Ma. Izabel Lamberth (Ms. UB 3rd Runner Up); Iain Johnston (Mr. UB 3rd Runner Up); Jabin Charopang (Mr. UB 4th Runner Up); and Jareylle Beray (Ms. UB 4th Runner Up) (Photo: Rene Pascua/UB Media Affairs and Publications Office)
The School of Teacher Education (STE) and the School of Business Administration and Accountancy (SBAA) ruled this year's Mr. and Ms. UB.
Fred Florenz Abastillas from STE was hailed Mr. UB 2017 while Kali Yantrel Martin from SBAA was crowned as Ms. UB 2017 during the coronation night held at the UB Gym last Oct. 6.
Raven Neil Tacwigan and Rhyza Gayle Litaoen, both from the School of International Hospitality and Tourism Management (SIHTM), landed as first runners-up.
Meanwhile, Cyril Jhan Tip-ac (SBAA) and Aisha Barry (School of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences) settled as second runners-up.
School of Information Technology's (SIT) Iain Johnston and Senior High School's Ma. Izabel Lamberth finished as third runners-up.
Moreover, Jabin Charopang and Jareylle Beray, both from the School of Criminal Justice and Public Safety, were declared fourth runners-up.
Minor awards are as follows:
· Mr. Congeniality: Cyril Jhan Tip-ac (SBAA)
· Ms. Congeniality: Jhuchelle Kate Ilao (School of Nursing)
· Mr. Cyber UB: Raven Neil Tacwigan (SIHTM)
· Ms. Cyber UB: Ma. Izabel Lamberth (Senior High School)
· Texters' Choice (Mr.): Raven Neil Tacwigan (SIHTM)
· Texters' Choice (Ms.): Kali Yantrel Martin (SBAA)
· Best in Creative Wear (Mr.): Cyril Jhan Tip-ac (SBAA)
· Best in Creative Wear (Ms.): Kali Yantrel Martin (SBAA)
· Best in Swim Wear (Mr.): Raven Neil Tacwigan (SIHTM)
· Best in Swim Wear (Ms.): Rhyza Gayle Litaoen (SIHTM)
· Mr. Talent: Fred Florenz Abastillas (STE)
· Ms. Talent: Kali Yantrel Martin (SBAA)
· Mr. Photogenic: Iain Johnston (SIT)
· Ms. Photogenic: Ma. Izabel Lamberth (Senior High School)
· Best in Evening Wear (Mr.): Raven Neil Tacwigan (SIHTM)
· Best in Evening Wear (Ms.): Kali Yantrel Martin (SBAA)
The panel of judges included: Helen Tibaldo, regional director of the Philippine Information Agency - CAR; mixed martial artist and URCC Lightweight champion Eduard “Landslide” Folayang; Engr. Marilyn Aquino, vice president for finance of Crown Legacy Hotel; Frank Rheberg, territory sales head of Globe Telecom, Inc.; John Rhey Langit, marketing manager of SM City Baguio; Baguio-based fashion designer Harvic Dominguez; and Olec Josephus, general manager of Olec Josephus Wedding Essentials.